Pet First Aid Kit Checklist
As responsible and loving pet owners, we want to be prepared for any unpleasant surprises or accidents that may happen to our pet. That’s why it’s always good to have a first aid kit specifically for your pet. Build a proper first aid kit for your pet by including the following items:
- Pet Emergency Pocket Guide: A practical reference tool for pet owners that provides complete planning, response, and survival guidelines for both common and uncommon pet emergencies.
- Gauze: Keeps wounds clean and allows in air to heal the injury.
- Adhesive Tape: Keeps the gauze in place.
- Cotton Balls: Used to clean up cuts and to apply topical medications.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: An antiseptic that is very effective at killing bacteria and germs and preventing further infection.
- Towels: Keeps your pet dry and can be used to wipe off any fluids.
- Flashlight: Useful for accidents in the dark or to improve visibility.
Other common tools that will be useful to include in your pet’s first aid kit are scissors, tweezers, disposable gloves, magnifying glass, muzzle, leash, and collar.
Find Compassionate Veterinary Care in San Antonio
Accidents happen. If your pet is injured and you’re looking for reliable veterinary care, visit us at Culebra Creek in the San Antonio area. We offer a variety of services and our trained professionals will help your pet recover quickly. Click here to request an appointment.